I’d like to offer a big thanks to everyone who shared, commented, subscribed, or otherwise looked in the site’s direction over the last year. Schedules have been busy, and Snacked Up hasn’t always been on the favourable end of the equation, but I’d like to think – even at the current one-post-a-month rate – that it’s beginning to develop a voice it can call its own.
- Ludonarrative dissonance is a tricky phrase to pin down.
- Christian rock is the final nail in the coffin for any late-night VHS experience.
- Businessmen make my tummy hurt.
- The Walking Dead – contrary to prior opinion – isn’t quite perfect.
- Ryan Davis died too young.
- Via Unwinnable: Between the Eyes and Psychon deserve a proper burial.
- Via Venturebeat: Roger Ebert and Rock Band were kind of great.
- The BBC Radiophonic Workshop’s Colour Radio will never leave my head.
- Neither will Atlus’ Catherine.
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs was pretty great. Enough so that I gave it Snacked Up’s sixth five-out-of-five score.
- Via Kill Screen and later, The Atlantic: If you say ‘reflexivity’ ten times fast it loses all meaning.
- Night of the Living Dead lives on – albeit through the medium of MSPaint.
- Withnail & I only gets better with age.
- …and finally: Good things are good.
I’d like to think we’re getting somewhere. As always, if you disagree or just want to tell me how bad at life I am, my inbox is to the right.
Here’s to another year!